Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
From the BFTV News Center
- Job Opportunity - CHEDDAR Grants and Contracts Account Manager (2 positions) - by Sept. 3
- CA 4-H Admin Assistant position open - by Sept 8
- FST Professor Alyson Mitchell named a Fellow by ACS
- FST's CE Specialst Emerita Christine Bruhn honored
- CLFP presents Distinguished Service Award to Dr. Diane M. Barrett
- Professor Emeritus Paul Singh named World Ag Prize Laureate
- Article of the Month: Meaningful Misery...Embrace it!
- FST Professor Chris Simmons invited to participate in LEAD 360
- VEN and FST professors featured on cover of CAES' Outlook magazine
- Zach Lewis co-authors article about breastmilk and microbes in Science
- 10 tips to keep summer grilling safe
- FST student team takes 4th place in IFT meeting competition
- 4 ways to create a healthful summer diet