Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
2015 AATCC Concept 2 Consumer(R) Student Design Competition Announcement - by Apr. 9, 2015
Showcase your talent in design to win cash and prizes!
* Target consumer group is 18-30 year olds (male and/or female)
* End products make up a cohesive outerwear collection including technology features in the fabric selection or product design
From the BFTV News Center
- 2015 AATCC Concept 2 Consumer(R) Student Design Competition Announcement - by Apr. 9, 2015
- 2015 UC Global Health Day: Now Accepting Submissions for Abstracts and Proposals! - by Jan. 9
- Mini Medical School 2015 Registration - begins Nov. 4
- Reduced Sales/Use Tax Rate on Research Equipment
- Grainger Prime Agreement Announcement
- 2014-2015 Campus Community Book Project - Feb. 10, 2015
- BAE's Dr. Ruihong Zhang named Clean Tech Innovator of the Year
- Congratulations to FST students who won the RMI poster competition
- FST PhD candidate named in Zagat's "30 under 30" list
- Food Tech Club holds first meeting of the year