Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
From the BFTV News Center
- Professor Emeritus Michael O'Mahony wins award from IFT
- BAE grad student wins 2nd in regional ASABE poster competition
- Christine Bruhn recognized by Walmart
- Recent Flavor 101 event focused on research of Dr. Doug Adams
- UC Davis FST researchers win large grant from California Energy Commission
- BAE mourns the loss of Professor Emeritus William Chancellor
- FST faculty present at the Natural Foods Expo
- Professor Charlie Bamforth on KVIE's Studio Sacramento