Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
From the BFTV News Center
- CLFP presents Distinguished Service Award to Dr. Diane M. Barrett
- Professor Emeritus Paul Singh named World Ag Prize Laureate
- FST Professor Chris Simmons invited to participate in LEAD 360
- VEN and FST professors featured on cover of CAES' Outlook magazine
- 10 tips to keep summer grilling safe
- Zach Lewis co-authors article about breastmilk and microbes in Science
- 4 ways to create a healthful summer diet
- Postharvest Training & Services Project in Tanzania - Funded by the UC Davis Horticulture Innovation Lab