Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
Ning Pan elected to Fellowship in the American Physical Society
Congratulations to Professor Ning Pan, Textiles and Clothing, for his election to Fellowship in the American Physical Society.
From the BFTV News Center
- Experimental Design and Chemometrics for Chemists, March 8-9, 2016
- Cool Campus Challenge - thru Dec. 10
- Ning Pan elected to Fellowship in the American Physical Society
- Dr. Christine Bruhn honored on campus
- FST weclomes new faculty
- FST faculty visit Gills Onions and Houweling Tomatoes
- FST's Nitin Nitin featured in UCD News
- FST Professor Charlotte Biltekoff presents at the Specialty Coffee Association Symposium