Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
From the BFTV News Center
- Request Tracker (RT) Introduction
- Sierra Nevada Brewing owners establish endowment in the FST Brewing Program.
- Professor Emeritus Michael O'Mahony wins award from IFT
- BAE grad student wins 2nd in regional ASABE poster competition
- Christine Bruhn recognized by Walmart
- Victor Duraj awarded UC Davis STAR award
- BAE Chair and Professor Bryan Jenkins elected an ASABE Fellow
- Professor Charlie Bamforth on KVIE's Studio Sacramento
- Professor David Mills featured in Spirited magazine
- Dr. Carl Winter featured in Bloomberg News
- Professor Bruce German featured in Future Food Tech