Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
From the BFTV News Center
- Attend the John E Kinsella Memorial Symposium and Lecture
- Upcoming V&E Extension Events
- Yolo Women to Cook Home Recipes in UC Davis Lab Project Aims to Use Surplus Tomatoes to Develop Recipes and Product to Feed the Food-Insecure
- Student Advisor Nicole Rabaud wins prestigious award
- Professor Charlie Bamforth wins Stewardship Award
- Dr. Kyria Boundy-Mills wins prestigious J. Roger Porter Award
- Professor Jean VanderGheynst Named a Congressional Woman of the Year