Welcome To Textiles and Clothing
Our program includes two majors, Textiles & Clothing (TXC) and Fiber and Polymer Science (FPS), at the undergraduate level and several options for graduate studies. Our students develop:
an ability to make connections between the physical and social sciences, and
an ability to integrate technological and business issues with those of the consumer, ethical, environmental, societal, and global well-being.
Self-cleaning Cloth Could Prevent Illness
Watch this video highlighting the research completed by Dr. Ning Liu about a protective compound on textiles for health and safety. The video also features Professor Gang Sun and graduate student Jing Zhu from our department.
TXC Students Receive Fashion Group Foundation of SF Scholarship
Ning Pan elected to Fellowship in the American Physical Society
Congratulations to Professor Ning Pan, Textiles and Clothing, for his election to Fellowship in the American Physical Society.
From the BFTV News Center
- Request Tracker (RT) Introduction
- October is Food Month!
- The Science of Happiness Online Course - through Nov. 17
- Resolution Resource Fair - Oct. 15
- Save The Date!! Food Equity Forum - Nov. 2, 2015
- UCDavis Vet Med Animal Adopt-a-thon - Oct. 11
- Cool Campus Challenge - thru Dec. 10
- Celebrate Arts Month with a Free Dance Class - thru Oct. 29
- Job opportunities in Capital and Space Planning - by Oct. 14
- Job Opportunity, Voorhies Administrative Unit - Oct. 10
- Job Opportunity / 4-H Community Education Specialist I position - by Oct. 13
- Open Postion: CAPITAL PROJECT ANALYST by Oct. 14
- Open Position: EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES PLANNER by Oct. 14
- Ning Pan elected to Fellowship in the American Physical Society
- Dr. Christine Bruhn honored on campus
- FST Professor Alyson Mitchell named a Fellow by ACS
- FST's CE Specialst Emerita Christine Bruhn honored